How Much Do Small Firm Lawyers Make?
We surveyed over 1,100 attorneys on their compensation, bonuses, average raises, and more.
Read on for the results.
Most attorneys in private practice aren’t at firms with hundreds of lawyers; they work in firms with fewer than 25.
Yet reliable, detailed information on compensation for this majority of the profession is hard to come by.
In order to fill the gap, Above the Law has regularly surveyed solo practitioners and small firm attorneys about their pay.
Now, we’re pleased to share this fourth installment of the ATL Solo and Small Firm Compensation Report.
Download it today for our data on areas including:
- Total annual compensation
- Target bonus (as a percentage of base pay)
- Average raise
- Percentage of total compensation based on collections
- Percentage of total compensation based on origination fees
- Percentage of firm revenue derived from respondent’s book of business